Instructions To Oral & Poster Presenters
- Oral Presentation
Prepare Your Presentation
Each oral presentation is limited to 20 minutes including questions and answers. Length of presentation material should be in accordance to your time allotted. You are requested to load your Power Point presentation materials before the session starts.
The presenting authors should be ready in the session room before the session starts, since the session chair will check all presenters at the beginning of each session.
Determine Your Audio Visual Needs
All meeting rooms are equipped with the following audio-visual equipment:
- LCD Projector
- Windows-based PC
- Laser Pointer
The computers in the meeting rooms are being provided to Windows-based PC users. The PC will be configured with Microsoft Windows operating system as well as with Microsoft Office.
Create a Backup Copy of Your Presentation
We recommend you bring at least 2 copies of your presentation to the meeting in case there is a problem with one of them. Thumb Drive and hard disk are accepted.
Give Your Presentation
Be considerate of the other speakers and audience by staying within your allocated time. The allocated time for your presentation includes a discussion and changeover to the next speaker. Session Chairs will hold you to the allotted time. This is essential to ensure adequate time for questions and discussion as well as adherence to the schedule.
Please discuss the same materials as reported in your paper submission. At the end of the meeting, all presentation files will be destroyed.
- Poster Presentation
Poster sessions will be held at the Lobby.
Please register at the Registration Desk before proceeding to locate your assigned poster board. To locate your assigned poster board, look for the board marked with your Paper ID specified in the Final Program.
Prepare your poster
- Each presenter is provided with a 1.5 meter high by 1 meter wide poster board.
- The presentation must cover the same material as the paper.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster to allow viewers to identify your paper easily. Indicate 1) the paper’s identification number, 2) title, and 3) authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mail and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc in the poster.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
Set-up Your Poster
- Posters should be posted from 10am to 6pm for the respective Poster date on June 21 and 22.
- Please make sure that your paper number is clearly visible on your poster board.
- Presenters are required to be at their posters during their scheduled Poster session.
- Tapes and other materials are available at the Information Desk, nearby the poster boards.
Remove Your Poster
- Posters must be removed after the respective Poster session within half an hour.
- Posters remaining after these times will be removed. APEMC organizer will not be responsible for posters and materials left on poster boards after the stated hours.
- Staff at the Information Desk will be available to assist you with location and other on-site needs. Tapes and scissors will be available for your use. If you have special needs for your poster presentation, please bring those supplies with you to the meeting.